Forum

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 11-Dec-14 Kids R Christmas - Sydney Children's Hos

11-Dec-14 Kids R Christmas - Sydney Children's Hos 2 years 2 weeks ago #45

• JediAdmin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3

Weather: Cloudy and a bit rainy - but the troops was INDOORS, so all good.

Date/ Time: December 11, 2014. 8am - 1pm.

Tython Legionaries:

Anakin Skywalker - Freppy – Will

Pre-Approval Costumes:
Princess Leia - Cerinia - Sophie

R2 Unit:
Artoo Detoo

Other:

Symbiote Spiderman - Nathan Melton
Kids R Christmas People (Maybe 10?)

Mission Report: Arriving at Sydney Childrens Hospital (SCH) - I met with the two SCH organisers, and waited to meet with the other people from Kids R Christmas. Once we found them, we brought all the goodie bags, balloons, and fruit into the dressing room, and proceeded to get into costume.

We were then split into two main groups, with Leia and R2D2 in one group, and me in the other (so all the kids could get some Star Wars!).

We then wandered around the various wards, giving out the goodie bags and balloons to the kids, and giving fruit to the staff in each ward! Unfortunately I had a stroke of bad luck in that my group went to mostly babies wards, so the only thing I could do in those wards was wave my lightsaber around haha. The parents of the kids recognised me though, and when we visited some of the bigger kids wards, many of the boys were very happy to see Anakin!

From what I have gathered, Leia and R2D2 had a great time too - R2 was very popular (as always haha).

After all this, we headed back to the change rooms, and packed up ready to head home!

Images courtesy of Artoo Detoo's facebook page!

Mission Status: Complete and Successful
The administrator has disabled public write access.