Forum

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 26-Nov-16 Kidsflix

26-Nov-16 Kidsflix 1 year 11 months ago #899

• NullusAnxietus
  • Thank you received: 7
Event: Kidsflix Charlestown (relocated to Glendale)

Date/ Time: 26-Nov-16

Weather: Warm

Troopers:

Rebel Legion
Luke Dan'Mas-Luke-Jedi Knight
Jarlgon-Jamie- Jedi Knight

501st Legion
TK-25775- Paul-Stormtrooper
TK-40010-Jacob-Stormtrooper

Wranglers: None

Mission Report:

We met our 501st counterparts bright and early (on a Saturday morning) at 8am. Despite being weak-minded and unable to shoot straight, they're actually decent guys.. After a quick trip to the local cafe for a caffeine fix, we suited up ready to meet some amazing people.

We arrived at the assigned Troop area a little bit early...which was OK because that gave us a moment to wave to the various kids waiting outside through the glass doors. Even then we could see that so many of the children were really excited to see us. i can quite clearly remember a little boy calling out "hello Star wars" I saluted him with my saber.

We made our way to the assigned Trooping area where we were joined by Fairy Sparkle, a magician and Princess Elsa, who as it turns out is an amazing face-painter...our mission being to give the children and amazing morning out before they went in to see their movie. We had actually learned that morning from the organisers that due to their condition these kids don't get to go out a lot, in fact for most Kidsflix is one of the only events of the year they attend.

We posed for many a photo, delivering high-fives and fist pumps all round. There were a few kids who were a bit wary of us and we had to win them over and I have to give credit to my fellow Jedi Jarlgon who proved to be amazing at this task.

The Troop wrapped up around 10am as the movie started.

Mission Status: Success!
Last Edit: 1 year 11 months ago by NullusAnxietus. Reason: Typo
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Archivist32

26-Nov-16 Kidsflix 1 year 11 months ago #900

• Obickay
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 37
Great work people

26-Nov-16 Kidsflix 1 year 11 months ago #916

• Archivist32
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 13
Thanks for sharing - gives me something to be excited about during my long costume build - only have the skirt made. :-)

Archivist32
The following user(s) said Thank You: NullusAnxietus