Forum

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 19-Mar-16 CAP Expo (Connect and Participate Expo)

19-Mar-16 CAP Expo (Connect and Participate Expo) 1 year 11 months ago #72

• JediAdmin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 3
Event: CAP Expo - www.communityservices.act.gov.au/wac/com...and-participate-expo

Date/ Time: Saturday 19th March 2016, 11am to 4pm (plus set up etc).

Weather: Gorgeous sunshiny and mild Canberra Autumn day. Not too hot and not too cold, just right.

Legionaries:
Rebels:
Sarah Hillier (Sarah1968) - Chewbacca
Sair Steele – (Sair) - Wrangling.

501st Southern Cross Garrison:
Rin Green (RainbowRin)
Andrew Price (Andylah)
Andrew Crick ( ARC)
Chris Stewart (Chris788)
Jade Vee Dub (Felix )
Tony Armriding (Gingerchef73) ID-26073
Amy Armriding (MidnightQueen92) ID-28592
Tiggles (TigglesToggles) ID-71665
Matt Stabby (MaxximusStabby) CC-51010
Jason Feldner (Harley Vader) 88871
Damian MacTavish (Wedge_b5) TB-29573
Andrew Piper (Piper211) TD-10692
Robert Swan (Girgam) ID-13705
Ian Naden (Sith Lord) TK-11409
Karl Tyler (Killa k9) TK-24471
Toby Shorter (Spiritblade) TX-8654
Travis Kirk (Grgic) 5943
Scott (Mynock )ID - 81176

(will update with more info from SCG).

Wranglers: Myself, Linc Green (Rev), Skate Murray ()

Photographer – Mick Ferris (Ghostbat)

Mission Report:

The CAP EXPO is a community event that showcases the huge range of clubs, community groups and opportunities available for Canberrans of all abilities and ages to join and build social connections around common interests. These include sport and recreation groups, arts & craft, music, leisure, cultural, performing arts, hobby, social and ‘special interest’ groups. Was a great place to share our love of all things Star Wars and try and recruit some new members.

The official troop started at 11am but my SCG mates were there nice and early to set up our display of a couple of tables, shelving unit filled with Helmets and a few banners and table runners.

Most of the day was spent interacting with the public, answering questions about what we do and lots of walks around the 2 levels of the markets, plus the outdoor display areas. We stopped and posed with lots of the public as well as many of the other exhibitors and community groups.

The Canberra Flydog Club loved a photo they got with a Stormie last year and they have been using it and displaying it in their clubhouse all year. They brought all of their dogs around for a large group photo together which everyone absolutely loved because most of us are animal mad.
We also had one of the choirs sing Tiggles Happy Birthday which she was extremely embarrassed about but luckily she’s still talking to all of us (I know there is a video floating around, will see if I can get a copy to post for your amusement).

Here are a bunch of photos from the day, including my best painting efforts to date. A portrait of Linc, Sez and Andy painted on a fabric mural under the theme of ‘What you like to do with your friends’.

Sair

The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Archivist32